Friday, September 6, 2019
What a great first week here at West Genesee High School! Students and staff alike came back with fantastic energy and with positive feelings that it is great to be back!
In the coming weeks and months I will share information on upcoming events and my thoughts on school related topics. Thank you to all of the parents who have introduced themselves and made me feel welcome. Your work as parents is clear in the fine young men and women I have met in the last few days, so thank you for that as well.
Enjoy this first NFL weekend, and I look forward to seeing you at our various events as the year goes on!
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I wanted to take a moment to share two safety related items for the start of the school year. One is a new procedure for entering and/or dropping off items at West Genesee High School. We recently added a Raptor check-in station to our single point of entry at the high school. The West Genesee Central School District began using the Raptor Management System in all of the schools to strengthen campus safety for students and staff. Part of keeping students and staff safe is knowing who is in our buildings at all times, and the Raptor System allows us to do that.
You will be asked to follow the procedure outlined below when entering the building for any reason.
- If you have items to drop off for the nurse, attendance, or your child, please leave them with the monitor and we will make sure they get to their proper destination.
- Upon being allowed through the exterior door of the building, visitors will be asked to present a photo ID such as a driver’s licence or passport.
- Your ID will either be scanned or manually entered into the System at the transaction window in the secure vestibule.
- Once cleared, you will proceed through the second set of doors and go to the Main Office to retrieve your ID, sign in and receive a pre-printed badge with your photo on it.
- You will then be directed to the appropriate location.
- When in the building, you are only approved to go to the specific location requested. You should not go to any other area of the building without returning to the Main Office for approval.
- When leaving the building, return to the Main Office, turn in your badge and sign out.
The second safety reminder is in regards to parking and student drop-off.
Please remember that student drop-off is in the traffic circle in front of the high school. Please do not bring students for arrival to the West Lot (by Lowes). This is our faculty lot and also has a great deal of traffic from our buses.
Thank you for your help in keeping West Genesee High School safe.
~Wayne Ackles, Executive Principal
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Dear Parents and Community Members,
It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the new Executive Principal of West Genesee High School. I wanted to share a little about myself and how excited I am to be working with everyone here at West Genesee.
I have been working in education for 28 years. The last 4 years as Secondary Principal, and my first 5 years as a social studies teacher were at Honeoye. In between, I worked at Fairport High School as a social studies teacher, coach, advisor, and an administrator for 18 years, the last 7 as an assistant principal. I am excited to become a part of the Wildcat Nation! I look forward to sharing my experience and insight to help our students be the best that they can be. The students whom I have already met have been wonderful, and I cannot wait to meet the rest of them with the start of school.
I would like to extend an invitation to Meet the Principal during our upcoming open house on September 19 . This will be a chance to meet informally. I look forward to meeting and connecting with parents on this night.
In closing, I want to express again my excitement for the upcoming school year and working with your family. I anticipate seeing many of you at our upcoming sporting, artistic, and academic events. Enjoy the summer, and I look forward to connecting during our open house.
What a great first week here at West Genesee High School! Students and staff alike came back with fantastic energy and with positive feel...
Dear Parents and Guardians, I wanted to take a moment to share two safety related items for the start of the school year. One is a new ...
Dear Parents and Community Members, It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the new Ex...